We are always needing committed foster homes!
Cattyshack will provide you with food, dewormer, flea meds, eye ointment, flea comb, nail trimmers, new toys, and a carrier or two if you need them. We also schedule (and pay for) all vetting. You just need to purchase a couple new litter boxes and some litter. The rest is easy… just love on theses babies until they find their forever homes!!
Check out this Foster Home Timeline for some basic guidelines on what to expect while you have our kitties. None of this has to be memorized, so don’t panic! We will work with you every step of the way! Our owner is always available by phone, text, email, or Messenger! Once you are approved to foster, please request to friend Tina Rene Cooley so she can send you and invitation to join the Cattyshack Crew (@Cattyshackcrew) page on Facebook!
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You have to be able to set reminders on your phone, or other device, so you don’t miss appointments and don’t forget to give meds, dewormers, and flea treatments when they are due.
- You have to be able to foster the kitten(s) until they are adopted. (Avg. 12-week commitment).
- You need to be able to get your foster kitties to the Cattyshack Lounge at 11:30am on Thursdays or Fridays and pick them up at 6:30pm on Saturdays. (We can work together to make sure this is possible by arranging other drop off / pick ups when necessary).
- If your fosters need to be spayed or neutered, then you will need to be able to get your kitties to their scheduled surgeries by 7:30am on appointment day. Pick up is usually between 3pm-4pm the same day, depending on which vet we use. (Our Madison vet requires spays to stay overnight).
- You must contact your assigned mentor if your kitten is sick! Watery eyes, runny nose, diarrhea, weird skin things… ANYTHING that makes them un-adoptable. We DO NOT want to adopt out sick kittens or allow sick ones into the Lounge! And we DO NOT want you to be financially responsible for vet visits! Let us take care of it.